A tailor-made service which carefully matches Personal Assistants to clients. Delivering an excellent standard of support for the individual whether in the home or when accessing social and leisure activities out in the community.
Do you receive a personal health budget or are you self funded? Instead of giving you a care service, your local social services may offer you a direct payment for you to arrange and pay for your own care and support. You may be entitled to a direct payment if you are assessed by social services as having support needs, or you are currently receiving a community care service.
What is the PA Service?
We enable those who have access to a personal budget and who do not wish to employ someone direct, to be assisted for by a professional PA from our skilled and trained workforce.
For whom and where?
Our PAs provide support, including personal care where necessary, for children and adults with a learning disability, both within the home and outside in the community.
By providing a range of well trained, supervised and experienced PAs who can provide appropriate support that is matched to the needs of the individual, taking into account the nature of their disability, age, gender, race and other cultural needs
Our service gives confidence to the individual and to the parent/carer of the service user, ensuring peace of mind with the knowledge that they, their loved ones are well cared for.
To select the right person, we work with parents and carers to fully involve them in the selection of the PA. This means that, amongst other things, we:
- advertise the position (even if we have potentially suitable candidates on our books already)
- interview shortlisted candidates
- carry out all DBS and reference checks
- arrange an introductory visit with the shortlisted candidates and the service user
- recruit and induct the successful candidate
- provide a contract of employment for the PA and client with a set probation period
- provide all supervision, training and payroll administration/assist with self employment tax
- provide a relief worker should the specific worker be off sick or take annual leave
- offer dispute resolution (if required)
At all times the client will be involved in the process to insure the correct person is found.